Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Ibrahs I learnt in '17

It's the 3rd page of 365 days book.

I guess, it is not too late to still feel the vibe of 'azam baru' and also 'new year'. It always feel fresh and a brand new start whenever the 1st of January is approaching but this year, I was literally too busy doing chores at home till I can't even list out all those things I wanted to change. Achievements of 2018 has been already outlined in my planner in the beginning of  December last year. I always got the gut of dreaming big, I know. Ticking all of them at the end of the year is another thing to think hehe.

I postponed on updating my blog quite a few times. I drafted 2 posts but haven't finish writing them. Pretty out of mood to be honest, ended up I have nothing to look back at December of 2017 in my blog. As I get older, my online diary is growing too. Turning 11 years old soon alhamdulillah.

I had a week break from Kuantan, just before new year starts. I wrapped up my journey of the whole year by visiting my sister in Johor, and start off 2018 with 'mee rebus' I made for my dad. Also doughnut and burger Malaysia making with my sister. The whole week was full of food and cooking, I broke my diet routine though which is not a good sign, really.

My facebook timeline was also flooded with tons of posts attributed to the year of 2017. I haven't got the chance to create one as I said, being home kept me being disconnected with the social media. Well, quality time wins over socmed for me obviously. Rather than listing all those changes I wanted to make or carry forward my previous azam baru, lol I think it is rather to share with you readers on what I've learnt throughout the year. Because living with ibrah is what a Muslim needs to do.

I can't say 2017 was an amazing year. Perhaps, 2014 and 2015 were the year that grows my steel heart. Both years really taught me heaps. 2017 was rather an eye opener and changed my view on life, nikmah, rezqi (sustainance) and also marriage.

1) Life
As most of you guys know, I only have my dad alone now. So since abah is a single father now he usually killing his free time by attending lots of her previous school mate and his so called Sarawak Rangers (his friends when he started his 1st posting as a teacher) reunion. Abah told me his last recent reunion more than 100+ of the alumni passed away and all his conversations with his friends were mostly identifying who is still living the world. My aunties and uncles are now having symptoms on their health and my grandpa is facing sakit tua. He was not like my atok few years back then. He is like a baby who is trapped inside and old man body. It was hard to take care of him but this has made me realized that indeed this life is like a moving wheel. There must a time when we are out of strength and our mind was not at the right place. And at that time, although we are living the angels are not jotting down our good deeds coz we are not able to do anything. I heard lots of death as well at a very young age. It is true then that Allah said in Surah al-asr that time is running out so go and doing good deeds with sabr.

2) Nikmah & Rezqi
Every humans beings has already been set the rezqi by Allah swt. But amazingly Allah swt is Al-Adlu (just) so everything has been proportionate properly. Sometimes people are being blessed with loads of money, but Allah has not grant a happy family for them. Sometimes Allah bless them with a husband/wife but they weren't meant to go travelling together due to some commitment. Some people can go live life freely, they can go travel but they find troubles while looking for spouses. The key to tackles this is to always feels gratitude of what Allah has given us. Eventually you will feel happy of what you have been granted IAllah. And being happy is an important element to live life!

3) Marriage
Marriage is not the ultimate goal in life but it serves as a platform to reach our ultimate goal which is to enter Jannah. Choosing your partner is like choosing your afterlife too. Dude, you're gonna spend like the entire life with someone who will affect your life style. So choose wisely. It is not as simple as choosing somebody you like. My friends got divorce after a month of marriage. I was shook. So many of divorcing issues etc. There is one friend that is currently looking desperately on her life partner and she ended up being sad because the relationship she tried to build failed numerous time. So I told her that she should stop chasing, I mean our spouse has been written for us and Allah would send him at the right time when we are ready. Instead of focusing on finding our mates, it is always better to improve ourselves. There a lot more to discover and learn. Keep on improving the better you. Your relationship with Allah swt and also your Ibadah :) Why keep on focusing your other half of deen when you currently have the other 'half of your deen' that you need to fix and mend?

4) Culture
I went to 2 countries last year. It was Indonesia and China. I am always always inspired with Surah Al-Hujurat verse 13. It says that Allah has created males and females, also nations and tribe so that we know each other. I am so overwhelming with the people I met in both countries. It has made me reflected that humans being are made of three types of soil. And each soil has different characters so do the tribes! I also learnt that Malays are so fragile, courteous and decent. Simply it is from the book I read and also based on the literature like pantun and syair. Gosh thing really relate nicely I am just mesmerized with the fact that Allah has created us in a very interesting ways. And that actually reflected the greatness of Allah swt. It increases my imaan, Really. This kind of tarbiyyah always gives me that kind of groove hehe.

And with that I shall say, 2017 warmly greeted me with such lessons in which I might be facing on the upcoming years. That was the buffer time I guess? I am now welcoming another new brand start, new things to learn, new places to go and also new challenges to face.

Hello 2018,
Please treat me nicely :)

No comments: