Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Review: Clean face toner & Klairs serum

Hi guys!

If you ever read my blog post before mentioning on how disappointed I was regarding Nourain and the mercury issue, yes I stopped using that product and I decided not to use any of the local products anymore. No, I didn't break out once I stopped using it, thank god! but, I do get bumps and pimples after 2 months. I am not sure whether it is after effect or not. Well, I am pretty sure it is not (I think) cause I am more positive that it all happened because I was stressing out a lot. I caught fever since I used my body too much. As soon as I recovered from my cold, all my pimples strike out like crazy. It is sad, I know :(

Anyway, since that happened. I've been watching a lot of skincare routine videos to improve back my skin texture lol. I literally watch lotsss of it okay. Hence, I am following religiously with the korean steps of skin care. I loveee how it improves my skin. It takes quite a time but I know it is much safer, slowly but surely. So right now pimples all gone after 5 months, alhamdullillah =) I need to work on with my hyper pigmentation and scars.

I am starting off with double cleansing now - oil cleanser - normal cleanser - toner - serum - blemish cream - scar cream - sunscreen.

I exfoliate my skin twice a week and also wear mask once per week.

I know it looks quite complicated, I used to be so lazy too but after having such smoother skin day by day I get much more motivated to get clearer skin and I am attached to them now hehehe

If you are curious on the products I use currently, I am using Dr. Belmeur clarifying line from The Face Shop. I started off with only cleanser and moisturizer (the most amazing moisturizer I used so faaar. Love love it) but not the toner since I was out of the budget and I couldn't afford them at once lol. I am not going to review the line in this post cause I will talk about them later. In today's post it's gonna be my honest review on my empty toner bottle and also serum I used for the past 5 months!

So everybodeehh, let's talk trash!

The toner recommended by the sales girl when I wanted to purchase face shop items was Clean Face, Mild toner. It claims that it has tea tree leaf extract and it can treats oily and problematic skin. Well, I love the tea tree leaf scents but I think it is pretty strong for people who do not like scented skin care. This toner also contains alcohol which might not be a favorable ingredient to some people I think. So far, I might say this is not an incredible toner as it is very mild. All I can say that once I put on this toner on my face, I feel that all those skin care I put afterwards really absorb nicely on my face. But it didn't do much on pores or white heads. I bought it around RM35.00 if I am not mistaken. It is affordable, considering its ability and the price I do think it is quite reasonable.




So yeah, my score for this toner is 3/5.
It is average and suitable for normal skin.

The second empty for the past 5 months is my klairs serum; freshly juiced vitamin drop. This is totally a hit for me! It is actually vitamin c serum which contains centella asiatica extract that is very good for pimples. I am afraid of how vitamin c might tingles my skin initially, but after trying it out it doesn't irritates me and I feel like my face is getting brighter and it helps in reduce my hyper pigmentation too. The consistency of the serum is not that viscous compared to other serum. It is actually kinda feel like a bit watery and it absorbs well too. Since it claims that it has hybrid stabilization technology, the vitamin c doesn't oxidized and they only use plastic and transparent bottle to store the serum. I love the packaging because it is light and easy to bring anywhere. I do think it is a superb serum and I love it so much. The only cons that I can think is the price. It is very pricey as it might cost around RM100+ but if you are able to find a trusted seller in shopee or lazada, the price might dropped to RM90+ if I am not mistaken. Because of it is quite expensive I have switched my serum to 20% of vitamin c serum tiam source (might review this later on). I do feel the difference actually. Comparing these two serums, I must say that Klairs serum is more of my baby of course!




My score for this serum is 4.5/5!
Lovee it.

This is my honest review on these 2 items. Opinions and thoughts might differ from others too.

So yeah, I can now chuck out my trashes into the trash bin now =)

No comments: