Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Dessert: Peanut Butter Cheesecake

I scrolled over my photo album in August and I found an appetizing picture of my baked peanut butter cheese cake. Well at least it do look appetizing to me aha. And the best part was: ni hasil google seorang Wan Syafiqa yang gigih untuk menghabiskan 1kg krim keju dalam peti ais rumah dan satu botol peanut butter. I bought this like ages before and alhamdulillah, it is not overdue yet. Actually my initial plan was to make mazola cookies during eid but everything got so busy. Hence a packet of peanut butter and a bottle of peanut butter spread were left untouched. Abah does not even pay attention of baking obviously. So afraid of wasting it, i turned everything into a cheese cake.

Cheesecake is super duper easy compared to other cakes. Whatever cheesecake, you name it is the best cake to bake in Australia. Super cheap and easy! I mean, it's so rare to find a fail cheesecake especially in no bake cheese cake. If you did fail, you're really the chosen one lol. 

Okay let's do this. 

Ingredients:

The crust- 
The original recipes uses pretzel as its base. However, I couldn't find any pretzel when I did my shopping so I used digestive biscuits instead. So chuck out half of the packet and smashed them hard. I put them in a plastic bag and smash them like crazy haha. I'm pretty sure it would taste amazing with pretzel cause the crunchy, sweet and salty taste is so wonderful pairing with such creamy and peanut-ty taste.  
1/3 cup of butter - melted
Steps:
So what you have to do is to combine those two together, Press in the bottom of your baking pan, bake it at 180 degree for 15 mins. 

The cream cheese-
500gm of cream cheese (I used tartura coz it's the only cream cheese i found)
1-1/2 cup of sugar (I used castor sugar just to reduce its sweetness and to blend well with the cheese)
3/4 creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
3 eggs lightly beaten 
1 cup peanut butter chips (I skipped this step)
1 cup semichocolate chips (Beli tesco punya sudah)

Steps:
1) Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth 
2) Add eggs, beat on low 
3) Stir in chips and pour over crust
4) Bake for 40 mins to 1 hour at 180 degree. 

Topping(my dad loves this so much)
1 cup of sour cream 
3 table spoon of peanut butter spread
1/2 cup of sugar (castor sugar is the best)
1/2 cup of chopped unsalted peanut butter
Steps:
You just mix everything over except the chopped peanut butter and pour it over the cooled cake. Sprinkle the unsalted peanut butter on the top of your toppings and it's ready to eat!

Tadaa! My peanut butter cheese cake attempt. 

I portioned it into three. 
I left one at home, give one to kampung and give away another piece to a friend.
Alhamdulillah, everybody loves this especially my sister!

I don't really fancy eating dessert but this one is an exception. I tasted many different kind of cheese cake before but peanut butter cheese is something dissimilar taste for you to try on! So creamy and full of nuts :) If you're looking for a perfect evening tea, this recipe is worth trying. My big recommendation is to use pretzel as its crust. This would give an extra divergent zest to your cake.

Cheers and happy baking!

Click link below for the original recipe.

No comments: